Re: 2.6.19-rc1-mm1+ memory problem

Andrew Morton wrote:
89361 times:
Page allocated via order 0, mask 0x280d2
[0xc0159f31] __handle_mm_fault+1809
[0xc011318a] do_page_fault+314
[0xc04111c4] error_code+116
Can be anything. But if I understand anything, this memory is used because someone has requested a page that is swapped out. So the memory must be used, but not reflected in meminfo, and not by a process?

What you should do is to cause the system to free as many pages as possible
before looking ad /proc/page_owner.  For example, build `usemem' from
http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/ext3-tools.tar.gz, run

	usemem -m N  (where N is the number of megabytes which the machine has)

a couple of times.  Then check /proc/meminfo, and look to see which pages
are left over in /proc/page_owner.

Well, I was too lazy to get this utility, used my own to allocate and fill enough memory as to go some 50MB to deep swap (Did I understand correctly what usemem does?). Top 3 did not change, except for exact numbers.