Re: 2007 Linux Storage & Filesystem Workshop

We are two students from the University of Cordoba, Argentina,
studying Computer Science. We are taking a second year course named
Operating Systems, in which we study, well, basically, Andrew
Tanenbaum's "Modern Operating Systems" (2nd Edition).
We also have a programming-related lab, in which we've worked in
several areas, such as managing processes and threads -work with race
conditions, semaphores, mutexes, etc- (all done in linux, obviously),
wrote a little baash-like command interpreter, and a memory manager to
understand how bitmaps work, and the different algorithms to optimize
memory managment.
For our last project we were asked to write a paper on a subject of
our choice. After looking though a few possibilities, we chose to do
it about linux Ext4. We've been asked to not only compare it
(performance-wise) with Ext3, but to explain -and try to justify the
results of the benchmark comparisons- the following: caracteristics of
each file system, internal arquitecture, and disk structure. Doing
research, we've found little information related to these subjects,
and just read this email, which seems to be highly related. If anyone
could direct us to some good reading on the subject, or knows about
this, we would apreciate it very much.
Thank you very much for your time!