[Switching to Thread 1]
0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000000 in ?? ()
#1  0xc03051db in psmouse_interrupt (serio=0xc048cde0, data=250
'\uffff', flags=0,
   regs=0x0) at drivers/input/mouse/psmouse-base.c:206
#2  0xc030882a in i8042_interrupt (irq=0, dev_id=0x0, regs=0x0)
   at drivers/input/serio/i8042.c:433
#3  0xc03084f9 in i8042_aux_write (port=0x0, c=232 '\uffff')
   at drivers/input/serio/i8042.c:235
#4  0xc03053bb in psmouse_sendbyte (psmouse=0xf70aa7f8, byte=232 '\uffff')
   at include/linux/serio.h:77

and this is the code inside psmouse-base.c that is crashing:

	rc = psmouse->protocol_handler(psmouse, regs);

So I'm guessing I did't specify an option correctly in the `make
menuconfig` so that the kernel identifies my mouse and installs a
proper handler for it? It is a USB mouse and I thought I enabled it,
but I'm guessing I missed something.

Thanks a lot for all your help, at some point I want to contribute
testing builds, this is good training...