Re: [RFC: 2.6 patch] remove the broken BLK_DEV_SWIM_IOP driver

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 10:06:54PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> The BLK_DEV_SWIM_IOP driver has:
> - already been marked as BROKEN in 2.6.0 three years ago and
> - is still marked as BROKEN.
>
> Drivers that had been marked as BROKEN for such a long time seem to be
> unlikely to be revived in the forseeable future.
>
> But if anyone wants to ever revive this driver, the code is still
> present in the older kernel releases.

Feel free to remove this one. It was never in a state that worked, but
was added to the tree anyway. I tried to fix it when I was given a
copy of the documentation, but it needed more work than I initially
expected. The initial version that was in the tree could only detect
the drives, and the only thing I added other than some bug fixes was
support for the eject ioctl. The read/write path in the driver is
missing the actual data transfer routines, and is therefore not in
a working state.

For the record, I believe the linux-mac68k list is dead.

	Brad Boyer
	[email protected]