Re: 2.6.19-rc5-mm2 (Oops in class_device_remove_attrs during nodemgr_remove_host)

Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 04:24:27PM +0100, Stefan Richter wrote:
>> I wrote:
>>> Either the FireWire host's device->klist_children was overwritten before
>>> the call to device_for_each_child
>> or *during* the run of device_for_each_child, which first successfully
>> called nodemgr_remove_ne for node [0-00:1023] but then stumbled over the
>> false node [20754571-38:0455].
>>
>>> (perhaps nodemgr didn't hold a reference which it should have), or/and
>>> all of this is an issue with the ongoing migration away from class_device.
>
> I don't have any firewire class_device migration patches in -mm right
> now.

Yes, I looked through the driver core related patches in -mm but wasn't
sure if there was a change to generic code which could affect
ieee1394/nodemgr.

> I do have one sitting here if you wish to play around with it, but it
> needs some more infrastructure patches that I have not really tested all
> that well yet.

(Is this infrastructure something which other subsystems will require
anyway? If not, maybe the ieee1394 subsystem's sysfs interface could be
cut to size instead.)

> Either way, I don't think this is caused by any new class_device
> patches, but I'm very willing to be proven wrong :)

Good, I just wanted to hear your opinion before drilling further down.
Seems there is an older bug in nodemgr. But whatever it is, the reporter
reproduced it _only_ in -mm, with either of 2.6.19-rc-mm's and
2.6.19-rc's ieee1394 code. Time for me to let -mm loose on my PC.

Thanks,
--
Stefan Richter