Re: [RFC, Patch 0/1] OProfile for Cell: Initial profiling support -- new patch

Based on review comments received so far, we will be posting an updated kernel patch for OProfile for Cell. Most notably, this patch removes some racey conditions between our "virtual counter" function and the interrupt handler, as well as fixing the way we were restarting and stopping our timer for the virtual counter.

Thanks.
-Maynard

Maynard Johnson wrote:

Hello,
I will be posting a patch that updates the OProfile kernel driver to enable it for the Cell Broadband Engine processor. The patch is based on Arnd Bergmann's arnd6 patchset for 2.6.18 (http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/arnd/patches/2.6.18-arnd6/), with Kevin Corry's cbe_pmu_interrupt patch on applied on top. Kevin Corry's patch was submitted to the mailing lists earlier today and can be found at:
 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=116360639928471&w=2).

I will also post an OProfile userpsace patch to the oprofile-list that adds the necessary support for the Cell processor.

Thanks in advance for your review of this patch.

Maynard Johnson
LTC Power Linux Toolchain
507-253-2650