Re: [patch 2/2] enables booting a NUMA system where some nodes have no memory

On 15/11/06, Christoph Lameter <[email protected]> wrote:
On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Martin Bligh wrote:

> A node is an arbitrary container object containing one or more of:
>
> CPUs
> Memory
> IO bus
>
> It does not have to contain memory.

I have never seen a node on Linux without memory. I have seen nodes
without processors and without I/O but not without memory.This seems to be
something new?

What about SMP Opteron boards that have RAM slots for each CPU?
With two (or more) CPU's and only memory slots populated for one of
them, wouldn't that count as multiple NUMA nodes but only one of them
with memory?
That would seem to be a pretty common thing that could happen.

--
Jesper Juhl <[email protected]>
Don't top-post  http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/top-post.html