Re: xfs kernel BUG again in 2.6.17.11

Hi Oleg,

thanks for your response.
> You can find fixes in .17 stable git tree.
Yes it is a 2.6.17.11 stable kernel. - By the way: we tried to setup
kernel 2.6.18.2 on that machine but we got a weired time error, ntpdate
shows two times: first run correct time, second run time is half an hour
in the future - so we switched back to 2.6.17.11

> If it was really just sparse annotations, they were obviously
> fixed, i think. If not, meybe there are some new bugs.
> +
>> It seems that xfs_repair (2.8.10), did not find all of the errors of the FS.
>> Is there a way to be sure that the FS is clean?
>
> As in faq:
> |   Update: a fixed xfs_repair is now available; version 2.8.10 or later
> |   of the xfsprogs package contains the fixed version.
> |   The xfs_check tool, or xfs_repair -n, should be able to detect any
> |   directory corruption.

However the two Kernel BUGS were _after_ xfs_repair (version 2.8.10).

>> Normally  the Kernel freezes/hangs completely, but I found two new
>
> Do you mean panic or oops here, or just freeze?

In detail:  a Kernel BUG in /var/log/messages is written and after that
the cpu load average is climbing up to 20-30, any tries to shutdown the
system, kill processes umounts etc. are in vain. Than the system freezes
completely: no keyboard, nothing.

 cheers,
martin