Re: How to document dimension units for virtual files?

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006, Pavel Machek wrote:
> We could do something like
>
> battery_stored_energy and battery_stored_current
>                  (mWh)                      (mAh)

"Energy" and "charge", please.  You cannot store "current", it is an unit
used to measure flows.  Anyway, we are just repeating arguments that were
made already in the battery thread...

And, please let's follow the SBS spec naming if possible for the attributes.
They put a lot of thought on the way they named things.  Again, this is
already in the battery thread...

> ...but it looks ugly, and battery_capacity:mAh does not sound that bad
> for a new interface.

Indeed, battery_capacity:mWh and battery_capacity:mAh would work just fine
and it does look better.  But unless Greg changes his mind, it looks like we
shall do without units in the filenames, which will also work just fine, if
small enough units are choosen...

  Henrique Holschuh