Re: [linux-dvb] Avermedia 777 misbehaves after remote hack merged into v4l-dvb tree

José Suárez wrote:
> Hi to everybody.
>
> I am using an Avermedia 777 DVB-T pci card. It is a very nice card, and it's
> been working perfectly for the last weeks. However I decided to make an
> upgrade to the current revision of the v4l-dvb tree which includes support
> for the remote control. After the upgrade whenever I start the TV (with
> whatever program: kaffeine, mythtv,...) it happens just as if the TV card
> kept sending keyboard events all the time and as a result, the volume mutes,
> unmutes, amarok is launched,... (that's because I have a multimedia keyboard
> and some keys are mapped to do that). For example, when I launch mythbackend
> in a konsole window, the application starts, opens the TV card and suddenly
> what happens is like if keys got pressed, so for example there appears 771935
> in the console window.
> This happens all the time the TV card is open. I suggest that somebody takes a
> look at the remote control code because there must be the problem, as I have
> just installed the v4l-dvb revision which existed just before to the remote
> control commitment.
>
> All the best, José

The author of that patch had explained that he was unable to test it.  The patch
was merged into the v4l-dvb master development repository over the weekend, and
Mauro sent a pull request for this patch to go to 2.6.19 a few hours ago.  I
don't know why this was sent to the 2.6.19 tree without first being tested. :-(

Mauro -- that patch needs fixing / more testing before it goes to mainstream...

Could you please remove that changeset from your git tree before Linus pulls it?

The problem changeset:

git commit 450efcfd2e1d941e302a8c89322fbfcef237be98

V4L/DVB (4814): Remote support for Avermedia 777

http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/mchehab/v4l-dvb.git;a=commit;h=450efcfd2e1d941e302a8c89322fbfcef237be98

--
Michael Krufky