Re: Fwd: [Suspend-devel] resume not working on acer ferrari 4005 with radeonfb enabled

On Sunday, 12 November 2006 13:13, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > > Then the radeonfb doesn't kick in at all (guess some pci ids are added
> > > in that patch).
> > >
> > > BTW: resume/suspend works ok if I have the vesa fb enabled.
> >
> > In that case (vesafb), when does the screen come back precisely ? Do you
> > get console mode back and then X ? Or it only comes back when going back
> > to X ? Do you have some userland-type vbetool thingy that bring it
> > back ?
>
> He's using s3_bios+s3_mode, so kernel does some BIOS calls to reinit
> the video. It should come out in text mode, too.
>
> Christian, can you unload radeonfb before suspend/reload it after
> resume?
>
> Next possibility is setting up serial console and adding some printks
> to radeon...

I guess this box has no serial ports, but netconsole should do (provided
there's another box nearby on which netcat can be run).

Rafael

--
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
		R. Buckminster Fuller