Re: 2.6.19-rc5: where can I select INPUT?

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

> Neither in menuconfig nor in xconfig do I see any place to actually select
> INPUT. Help text suggests that it is a) selectable b) it can be made modules.
> I do not have either option. Here what I see in menuconfig if I go into Input
> device support:
>
>     --- Generic input layer (needed for keyboard, mouse, ...)
>     < >   Support for memoryless force-feedback devices
>     ---   Userland interfaces
>
> as you see there is no check box for INPUT itself.

... snip ...

somewhat off-topic, but when one has questions about oddities in the
configuration process, is it more appropriate to ask on *this* list,
or on the kbuild-devel list?

only two minutes ago, i posted this kind of question to kbuild-devel,
but now i'm wondering if i sent it to the wrong place.  thoughts?

rday