Re: [-mm patch 0/2] MACB driver update

On 11/8/06, Andrew Morton <[email protected]> wrote:
On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 20:33:58 +0100
Haavard Skinnemoen <[email protected]> wrote:

Patches have names.  I currently have

Sorry. I meant that you can drop these:

gpio-framework-for-avr32.patch
avr32-spi-ethernet-platform_device-update.patch
avr32-move-spi-device-definitions-into-main-board.patch
avr32-move-ethernet-tag-parsing-to-board-specific.patch

and keep these:

atmel-spi-driver.patch
atmel-spi-driver-maintainers-entry.patch
atmel-macb-ethernet-driver.patch
adapt-macb-driver-to-net_device-changes.patch

I'd prefer to drop the lot, but we do have those SPI patches which David
needs to see.

Ok, just do that. We need to get the GPIO stuff sorted out before the
SPI driver can be considered final.

So in fact I do think I'd prefer to drop everything.  How about

a) you sort out the SPI patches with David, send them over to me when
   it's ready and

b) everything else goes into Linus from your git tree, and I include
   your git tree in -mm?

Fine with me. Sorry for pushing this mess to you. I'll post a new macb
patch for review to the netdev list tomorrow.

(I hope that tree works, btw - for some reason it seems that any git tree
which isn't on kernel.org is down half the time).

I hope so too. I'll pull from it myself from time to see how it works.

Haavard