Re: How to compile module params into kernel?

On 08/11/06, Joakim Tjernlund <[email protected]> wrote:
> [...]

Yes, but I don't want to do that since it makes maintance
harder.

Well, as far as I know, there's no way to specify default module
options at compile time. The defaults are set in the module source and
are modifiable at module load time or by setting options on the kernel
command line at boot tiem. So, if that's no good for you I don't see
any other way except modifying the source to hardcode new defaults.

--
Jesper Juhl <[email protected]>
Don't top-post  http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/top-post.html