Re: [ckrm-tech] [RFC] Resource Management - Infrastructure choices

On 11/7/06, Paul Jackson <[email protected]> wrote:
Paul M wrote:
> One drawback to this that I can see is the following:
>
> - suppose you mount a containerfs with controllers cpuset and cpu, and
> create some nodes, and then unmount it, what happens? do the resource
> nodes stick around still?

Sorry - I let interfaces get confused with objects and operations.

Let me back up a step.  I think I have beat on your proposal enough
to translate it into the more abstract terms that I prefer using when
detemining objects, operations and semantics.

It goes like this ... grab a cup of coffee.

That's pretty much what I was envisioning, except for the fact that I
was trying to fit the controller/container bindings into the same
mount/umount interface. I still think that might be possible with
judicious use of mount options, but if not we should probably just use
configfs or something like that as a binding API.

Paul