Re: ZONE_NORMAL memory exhausted by 4000 TCP sockets

On 11/7/06, Eric Dumazet <[email protected]> wrote:
Zhao Xiaoming a écrit :
> On 11/6/06, Eric Dumazet <[email protected]> wrote:
>> In fact, your kernel has CONFIG_4KSTACKS, kernel thread stacks use 4K
>> instead
>> of 8K.
>>
>> If you want to increase LOWMEM, (and keep 32bits kernel), you can chose a
>> 2G/2G user/kernel split, instead of the 3G/1G default split.
>> (see config : CONFIG_VMSPLIT_2G)
>>
>> Eric

> Thank you for your advice. I know increase LOMEM could be help, but
> now my concern is why I lose my 500M bytes memory after excluding all
> known memory cost.

Unfortunatly you dont provide very much details.
AFAIK you didnt even gave whcih version of linux you run, which programs you
run...
You keep answering where you 'lost' your mem, it's quite buging.
Maybe some Oracles on this list will see the light for you, before exchanging
100 mails with you ?

I think I aready gave the kernel version and introduced my application
in the first post. What are the further details you want? The reason I
keep asking for the 'lost mem' is that I want to focus on the problem,
not the workarrounds that may lead to further problems if I keep
increasing the concurrent scale.
Anyway, since the problem is already solved (see my last post), I'd
like to thank you for the help.

Xiaoming.