Re: locking hierarchy based on lockdep

 > interesting...perhaps if we layered say the directory structure on the
 > list too like by the top level kernel directories drivers, kernel, mm,
 > net, etc. it might be more readable.

I'm not sure that you need to do something manual or ad hoc like that,
although it might be necessary in the end.  I'd be curious to see how
the list of locks partitions up if you just divide it up into groups
of locks that have some relationship.  I guess the question is, if you
draw the graph whose nodes are locks and whose edges connect locks
that are held together, how many connected pieces does that graph have?

 - R.