Re: 2.6.18 is problematic in VMware

30 Eki 2006 Pts 19:50 tarihinde, Zachary Amsden şunları yazmıştı:
> > * Checking if this processor honours the WP bit even in supervisor
> > mode... Ok. * Checking 'hlt' instruction... OK.
> >
> > What's with that?
>
> Thanks.  It is perhaps the jiffies calibration taking a while because of
> the precise timing loop.  Are you reasonably confident that it is a
> regression in performance over 2.6.17?  The boot sequence is pretty
> complicated, and a lot of it is difficult / slow to virtualize, so it
> could just be alternate timing makes the boot output appear to stall,
> when in fact the raw time is still about the same.  I will run some
> experiments.

This is the part of the same problem with my previous report ( [RFC] Avoid PIT
SMP lockups thread), and im sure none the previous kernels have that problem.

--
S.Çağlar Onur <[email protected]>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!