Re: [ckrm-tech] [RFC] Resource Management - Infrastructure choices

On 11/1/06, Chris Friesen <[email protected]> wrote:
Paul Menage wrote:

> The framework should be flexible enough to let controllers register
> any control parameters (via the filesystem?) that they need, but it
> shouldn't contain explicit concepts like guarantees and limits.

If the framework was able to handle arbitrary control parameters, that
would certainly be interesting.

Presumably there would be some way for the controllers to be called from
the framework to validate those parameters?

The approach that I had in mind was that each controller could
register what ever control files it wanted, which would appear in the
filesystem directories for each container; reads and writes on those
files would invoke handlers in the controller. The framework wouldn't
care about the semantics of those control files. See the containers
patch that I posted last month for some examples of this.

Paul