Re: 2.6.19-rc <-> ThinkPads

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Ernst Herzberg wrote:

> still bisecting, will report the result.

Figuring out what caused an apparent change of behaviour is definitely a
good idea - it might give us some clue to what really is going on.

(Or it might not. Sometimes the patch that triggers changes really doesn't
seem to have anything to do with anything, and it literally was just a
latent bug that just happened to be exposed by something that had nothing
to do with anything at all but perhaps timing. But that's pretty rare in
the end. It happens, but it's definitely not the common case at all, and I
think it's great that you're bisecting even if there is a possibility
that we'll be left with a big "Huh? Whaa?" as the end result ;^)

		Linus