Debugging I/O errors further?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

Hi all
Stresstesting a SATA drive+controller, I get the error below after a while. How can I find if this error is due to a controller failure, a bad driver, or a drive failure?

Is there any libata/SCSI error messages in your log?

Nope. Just the ones from ext3. I first tried with a kernel from debian etch, and then switched to 2.6.18.1. Same errors on both

Hi all

Sorry for stressing this, but is there a way I can debug this further? it's a seagate drive connected to a sata_sil controller. I only get ext3 errors, and it fails after a while whatever I do

thanks

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk