Re: 2.6.19-rc3: known unfixed regressions (v3)

Hi Michael,

Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
The code is related to bd_claim_by_disk which is called when
device-mapper or md tries to mark the underlying devices
for exclusive use and creates symlinks from/to the devices
in sysfs. The patch added error handlings which weren't in
the original code.

I have no idea how it affects ACPI event handling.

It's a mystery. Probably exposes a bug somewhere?

Are you using dm and/or md on your machine?

The .config is attached to bugzilla.

OK, I found you disabled CONFIG_MD, which means neither
dm.ko nor md.ko was built.
Do you have any out-of-tree kernel modules which call either
bd_claim_by_kobject or bd_claim_by_disk?

If you aren't using either of them, I'm afraid reverting
the patch doesn't really solve your problem because the patched
code is called only from them.

Have you seen any unusual kernel messages or symptoms regarding
dm/md before the ACPI problem occurs?

I haven't.

Thanks,
--
Jun'ichi Nomura, NEC Corporation of America