Re: 2.6.18: hda_intel:azx_get_response timeout, switching to single_cmd mode...

Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy <at> goop.org> writes:

> Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > You must see difference with mm1 (suppose that mm1 already includes
> > the latest ALSA patches).  When the CORB/RIRB interrupt gets broken,
> > the driver first switches to poling mode, then single_cmd mode as
> > fallback.
> >

> I tried -mm2, and I'm seeing the same problem.
>
> > Also, try disable_msi=1 option for mm1.  MSI seems broken on some
> > systems.
> >

> This made no difference.

Hi,

I am trying to fight the same issue for few weeks now, with no progress.
under windows sound works fine, so seems like no hardware issue.
under ubuntu 6.10, with latest alsa drivers, I get the message above.
seems like the kernel only see the modem part of the sound card, and not the
other part.
on my system, I can't disable/enable the modem in the bios, only the whole sound
card.

Any idea what to look for next?

Thanks, Shai.