Re: cpufreq/powernowd limiting CPU frequency on kernels >=2.6.16

From: Inter filmati <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 07:59:41PM +0200

> >If you care about that changed, try to find out what patch caused this,
> >but in general, there's no support for overclocking in the kernel, and
> >bugreports from overclocked systems are frowned upon.
> >
> It would be kind to find out why the problem seems to show only from 2.6.16
> and not before, unfortunately I ain't so skilled to investigate into
> cpufreq source.

You could start by trying 2.6.16-rc1, -rc2, -rc3 and find out in which
kernel it changed. Then, read the changelog for that patch to find out
what changed in the cpufreq driver. So far, no great skill required.
Then, post here, mentioning which patch caused the different behaviour.

Jurriaan
--
Despite the best efforts of a quantum bigfoot drive (yes I know everyone
told me they suck, now I know they were right) 2.1.109ac1 is now available