Re: Hardware Problem - Asus A8N-VM CSM

Marc Perkel wrote:
OK - this is a little off topic so I'll apologize and thank you for your help in advance.

I have 4 Linux servers using the Asus A8N-VM CSM motherboard. They all have the latest 1001 bios. The all have 4 gigs of ram, and they all have dual core athlons.

The problem. 2 out of the 4 sees all 4 gigs of ram. The other 2 see only 2.8 gigs of ram. And it's hardware related because in the bios setup the ones that show 2.8 show it in the bios.

The motherboards were not prchased at the same time. All have different brands of ram. And the processors are different. The 2 that don't see all the ram are the newest ones.

I tried swapping ram between one that saw 2.8 gigs and one that saw 4 gigs and the problem stays with the motherboard. I haven't yet swapped out the processors.

So - I'm a little stumped. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Answering my own question perhaps. Could it be related to whether or not the processor is a "revision e" chip?