Re: incorrect taint of ndiswrapper

Giacomo A. Catenazzi wrote:

I'm confused on the discussion:
legal? I don't find how a windo$e driver can be "derived work" of Linux,
and anyway they use a "standard" interface. So it is acceptable for GPL
(IMHO and IANAL). so it is not a legal problem.

I see only a development question:
should we allow untrusted module to know and modify the
"intimate" part of kernel, and cause compability and other large
amount of problems into kernel developers, distribution and users?

I really cannot see even a political problem. I the case of ndiswrapper the problem is not whether we want to support windows or whatever drivermodules, but if we want to support NDIS drivers with a GPL wrapper.

regards,

Gianluca

So it is a political question, not a legal question!

ciao
    cate