Re: [RFC] cpuset: remove sched domain hooks from cpusets

Dinakar wrote:
> Clearly one issue remains, tasks that are already running at the top cpuset.
> Unless these are manually moved down to the correct cpuset heirarchy they
> will continue to have the problem as before.

I take it you are looking for some reasonable and acceptable
constraints to place on cpusets, sufficient to enable us to
make it impossible (or at least difficult) to botch the
load balancing.

You want to make it difficult to split an active cpuset, so as
to avoid the undesirable limiting of load balancing across such
partition boundaries.

I doubt we can find a way to do that.  We'll have to let our
users make a botch of it.

--
                  I won't rest till it's the best ...
                  Programmer, Linux Scalability