[im]proper use of stack?

So... I know that there is some small-ish amount of kernel stack space available per-process, and the kernel uses this area when executing on a process's behalf (system call, etc). Let's say I allocate (via an automatic/stack-based storage) some smallish structure which I want a kernel thread to populate (or interrupt context... some context other than my process's context).

If my process gets context swapped, is my kernel-based stack pointer always valid?

Why use stack-based storage, you ask? Let's pretend this is a high-frequency call and I don't want to incur the expense of kmalloc'ing and freeing on every call. I know I have enough stack space, I just don't know if my stack is always available :)

TIA!