RE: Touchscreen hardware hacking/driver hacking.

Ok, I was wrong about the kernel oops, it was for another driver that I
had not turned off. {which has now been reported seporately}

I was also wrong about it acting as if the button was always pressed.
It's just VERY sensitive.
I need to completely re-install my machine now to test it outside of
gpm.  I hosed the system in a futile bid to have a prototype X driver
work instead.

"Kevin K" has replied back saying that the Panasonic Toughbooks also
should use this driver. I've asked him if he would like to test a kernel
for one or a couple since his fix was in the 2.4 port.  If so I'd like
to throw all the additions into a patch and submit it all in one pass..