From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On
Behalf Of Dmitry Torokhov
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 4:12 PM
To: Chandler, Greg
Cc: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: Touchscreen hardware hacking/driver hacking.

On 10/17/06, [email protected] <[email protected]>
wrote:

> I'm working on a prototype Hitachi tablet, it uses a Fujitsu 4-wire
> resistive touchscreen. {10.4" I think} I've found that windows-xp
> embedded uses a generic ps/2 driver for the device.
>
> I've ripped this thing to pieces on several occasions looking for
> chips to help the porting, my problem is that I can not find the
> analog-digital converter for this thing.  The connector goes to a
> surface mount header on an 8 layer board.
> I loose the traces almost instantly.  Given that I can't find the
> converter anywhere what should I do next?
>
> I've done my homework and found that this HAS to be either serial or
> usb attached according to Fujitsu.
> Aparently it's neither.  There are no unknown USB devices {or known
> matching}, and there is no activity on the single serial port on the
> system.  Since the windows driver uses PS/2 as the interface I have a
> horrible feeling this thing has an interpretation layer that makes it
> PS/2 mouse, and that may or may not royally be a nightmare.

The touchscreen might need a "magic knock" to activate. You might try to
see what data wondows driver sends to PS/2 port.

Also check of Lifebook touchscreen protocol will work for you. You will
need to adjust DMI table in drivers/input/mouse/lifebook.c/

> I would have posted this to a different group but there is no "input"
> mailing list.

[email protected]

But you must be subscribed to post otherwise list just drops your mails
on the floor.

--
Dmitry