Re: [take19 1/4] kevent: Core files.

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 18:01, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:

> Ok, there is one apologist for mmap buffer implementation, who forced me
> to create first implementation, which was dropped due to absense of
> remote mental reading abilities.
> Ulrich, does above approach sound good for you?
> I actually do not want to reimplement something, that will be
> pointed to with words 'no matter what you say, it is broken and I do not
> want it' again :).

In my humble opinion, you should first write a 'real application', to show how
the mmap buffer and kevent syscalls would be used (fast path and
slow/recovery paths). I am sure it would be easier for everybody to agree on
the API *before* you start coding a *lot* of hard (kernel) stuff : It would
certainly save your mental CPU cycles (and ours too :) )

This 'real application' could be  the event loop of a simple HTTP server, or a
basic 'echo all' server. Adding the bits about timers events and signals
should be done too.

Eric