Re: IDE panic, 2.6.18

[email protected] wrote:
> I just got a fourth panic.  Fortunately, no file system corruption
> this time.  It was an exact clone of the second one, down to the register
> contents, except for the process name, so I haven't bothered transcribing
> it separately.  Also, I wasn't messing with the drives when it happened;
> I was asleep in bed and found the panic greeting me on the morning.
>
> I apologize for the truncated logs, but I couldn't scroll back and had
> to photograph the console screen to get what's here.
>
> i686 uniprocessor, 440BX motherboard, 1 GB ECC memory (you can see from
> the kernel addresses that I'm using a 2.75/1.25 G memory split), has been
> in production with excellent stability for a long time.  Occasional disk
> glitches handled by RAID; almost everything except for some scratch
> space is mirrored.
>
> Monolithic kernel.org 2.6.18 + linuxpps patches.

I had something similar to this happen to me, however, I was unable to use
the system at all once this happened.

I'm using a Supermicro X5DA8 motherboard (2x 2.6ghz xeon, 1gb mem, 3 dual
scsi controllers).  IDE is a module and as soon as hotplug loads the module
for the IDE controller, it hangs.  My boot disk is on the internal scsi ch0
controller.  The only IDE device is a single cdrom (all other drives are
scsi or use a hardware ide-to-scsi converter).  The IDE controller is an
Intel ICH4 controller (Intel E7505 chipset)

If anyone is interested, I will post my 2.6.18 config.

 Got Gas???