RE: HP disk protection Re: Remn Yan <[email protected]> ha scritto:

From: Pavel Machek <[email protected]>
To: Burman Yan <[email protected]>
CC: [email protected], [email protected]
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 10:26:08 +0200

On Fri 2006-10-13 20:32:48, Burman Yan wrote:
> >From: Luca Tettamanti <[email protected]>

> >Burman Yan <[email protected]> ha scritto:
> >> I would like to hear your remarks on this version.
> >
> >> +static ssize_t mdps_calibrate_store(struct device *dev,
> >> +                   struct device_attribute *attr, const char *buf,
> >size_t count)
> >> +{
> >> +	mdps_calibrate_mouse();
> >> +	return count;
> >> +}
> >
> >No locking here?
>
> I don't want to lock it here, since the mouse polling kthread is heavy as
> it is.

> I'd rather report a wrong value of mouse position while recalibrating.
> The way I see it, if you're recalibrating your mouse, chances are you're
> not playing at the same precise millisecond. In my opinion it's worth more
> battery life.

Hmm, and are you sure it can't oops or something?

Well, other than in calibrate, I use it only in one other place - the mouse polling kthread (mdps_mouse_kthread). In there it's used to calculate the absolute location of the "mouse". At most I will get a value that doesn not correspond to the current position. This means that the mouse pointer will perhaps jump, since the x calibration value has
updated and y calibration has not yet.

Yan