Re: Strange entries in /proc/acpi/thermal_zone for Thinkpad X60

Hi!

> I have a Thinkpad X60 with an Intel Core Duo T2400.  In
> /proc/acpi/thermal_zone, I'm getting two subdirectories,
> each with their own set of files:

Looks okay to me. One thermal zone is cpu temperature, and second is
temperature of something else.

> The interesting thing is that the two sets of files are
> not consistent - sometimes they don't even show the same
> temperature.

You have two (actually you have more, see tp_smapi) physical
thermometers.

> The reason I'm interested in this is that I think it's
> behind some of my cpufreq problems.  Sometimes the
> kernel decides that I just can't raise the max frequency
> above 1GHz, because its been thermally limited (I've put
> printks in to confirm that its the ACPI thermal limit on
> the policy notifier chain which is limiting the max
> speed).  It seems to me that having a thermal zone for
> each core is a BIOS bug, since they're really the same
> chip, but the THM1 entries should be ignored.  I don't

THM1 does not seem to be cpu temperature.

							Pavel
--
Thanks for all the (sleeping) penguins.