Re: specifying the order of calling kernel functions (or modules)

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 08:27:52AM -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 23:41:39 +0900 Seongsu Lee wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Thank you for the replys.
> >
> > I try to phrase differently.
> >
> > I made a simple kernel module that do 'hello world'. The module will be
> > called when I do 'modprobe' or 'insmod' to load it into the memory.
> >
> > When is the function, init_module(), in the module called in the case
> > the module is compiled as a built-in one? (Not M but Y in .config)
> > Can I specify the exact time of calling the function, init_module() in
> > the module?
>
> That depends on the order that it is listed in the (nested)
> Makefiles.  Which sub-directory and Makefile will you use?

drivers/mtd/Makefile

Yes, I confirmed that the order of being called is same with
the order that is listed in the Makefiles.

I think it is better to post questions of kernel newbie like this
into other mailing lists instead of this, developer list.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help.

--
Seongsu Lee - http://www.senux.com/
Your job is being a professor and researcher: That's