Re: Unable to find root fs with libata only 2.6.18-mm3

[cc'ing linux-ide]

Ed Sweetman wrote:
My question is, do I still need to compile in scsi disk/cdrom/generic support into my kernel to get libata devices to work or is there some other syntax i'm missing? Libata detects my drives, but as far as I could see, and it flies by too fast to read, no device nodes were assigned to them.

Yes, you do need to select SCSI high level drivers you need - sd and sr should suffice for libata.

If you do need scsi support, why isn't that done automatically when you select your libata drivers? or at least a pointer in the "Help" dialog to tell you to enable that ?

Probably because no other SCSI low level driver selects high level driver automatically. I agree that we need better help message. Feel free to submit patch.

Thanks.

--
tejun