Re: Keyboard Stuttering

David Gerber wrote:
I'm experiencing some severe keyboard stuttering on my laptop. The problem is particularly bad in X, and I believe it also occurs at the console, though I'm having a difficult time verifying that. The problem shows up as repeated characters (not regular key-repeat-related), and sometimes dropped key presses.

(I'm not subscribed to the list, CC: to me if needed)

Same problem here. Intel Core 2 Duo with 2.6.19-rc1 x86_64 SMP. Happens on 2.6.17 too. I use 'noapic' as a workaround but that disables one of the CPU core of course.

I cannot reproduce the problem within the console nor gdm. Only on the X desktop.

dmesg and dmidecode outputs are available at:
http://zapek.com/misc/9400_dmesg
http://zapek.com/misc/9400_dmidecode
This is a Dell Inspiron 9400.

The Dell Inspiron 9400 and Inspiron E1705 are pretty much the same laptop. I'm glad to hear it's not just my keyboard or anything like that.

It sounds like there are several others who are experiencing the same or related issues.

Is there a way to change the interrupt trigger for the keyboard (the other devices seem to work just fine)? Is there a way to force i8042 to XT-PIC on interrupt 1, to see whether it's related to the interrupt trigger, or something else that just looks similar? Any other ideas for debugging or fixing?

I'd really love not to have to do the noapic or nolapic workaround...

Frank