Re: Really good idea to allow mmap(0, FIXED)?

Ok, some people have good points against special casing
address 0 here. That's fine.
But: I think, if we don't protect from remapping address 0,
we should _really_ take NULL pointer dereference bugs more serious.
Every NULL pointer dereference bug should be checked for the
possibility of unprivileged users controlling the kernel.
I think currently NULL pointer dereferece bugs are not seen as
a security vulnerability by most people. In future we
should look at the bugs more closely and check if this is a
security vulnerability or just a "crash my app" bug.

--
Greetings Michael.