Re: kernel: pageout: orphaned page with reiserfs v3 in data=journal mode under 2.6.18

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 12:03:54 -0500
Mark Nipper <[email protected]> wrote:

>         I saw this in my logs earlier today:
> ---
> kernel: pageout: orphaned page
>
>         It's the first time I've seen it on this box, but I also
> just switched to data=journal mode for all of my reiserfs mounts
> yesterday after a hard drive died in a software RAID-1 volume
> (which incidentally caused some thankfully repairable file system
> damage after a --rebuild-tree seemingly because even though the
> hard drive which was failing was reporting uncorrectable errors
> to the kernel, the software RAID system never failed the drive
> out of the volume but instead kept trying to use it).
>
>         Anyway, just wondering if the message is bad actually as
> in it indicates some memory leak will bring down my server at
> some point or if it's just a corner case which someone felt the
> need to document whenever it happens.

I think that's a piece of temporary debugging code which I put in there in
a fit of curiosity and which I then promptly forgot about.

It's been in there since March 2005 and you are the first person who has
reported seeing the message...