Re: wpa supplicant/ipw3945, ESSID last char missing

On 10/2/06, Theodore Tso <[email protected]> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 05:00:31PM -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> Distributions _are_ shipping those tools already.  The problem is more
> with older distributions where, for example, the kernel gets upgraded
> but other stuff does not.  If a kernel upgrade happens, then the distro
> needs to make sure userspace works with it.  That's nothing new.

Um, *which* distro's are shipping it already?  RHEL4?  SLES10?  I
thought we saw a note saying that even Debian **unstable** didn't have
a new enough version of the wireless-tools....

That was my point initially. FC5-latest is apparently carrying
tools which are "too old"... and I yum update twice or thrice
a week. Not that *I* minded building packages from source,
but this is likely a bit too much for a good slice of the userbase.

Ciao,

--alessandro

"Well a man has two reasons for things that he does
 the first one is pride and the second one is love
 all understandings must come by this way"

    (Husker Du, 'She Floated Away')