Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 16:20:40 -0400
From: Phillip Susi <[email protected]>
To: David Lang <[email protected]>
Cc: Willy Tarreau <[email protected]>, Drew Scott Daniels <[email protected]>,
    [email protected]
Subject: Re: Smaller compressed kernel source tarballs?

It sounded like you were talking about a modified pack file that did NOT contain everything you need to get the current source. You said it would have no history and use aggressive delta compression to achieve a smaller size than a full tarball. If the pack contains the full previous version and the delta to the head version, then it will be larger than the tar, not smaller.