Re: wpa supplicant/ipw3945, ESSID last char missing

On 10/2/06, Norbert Preining <[email protected]> wrote:
On Mon, 02 Okt 2006, Alessandro Suardi wrote:
>  we've been just through an email thread where it has been
>  determined that wpa_supplicant 0.4.9 (I would assume that
>  0.5.5 is also okay) and wireless-tools from Jean's latest
>  tarball are necessary to work with the recent wireless
>  extensions v21 that have been merged in.
>
> What wireless-tools are you using ?

wireless-tools from Debian/unstable, version 28-1, so I assume wireless
v28. And the README tells the same. What would be the newest version?

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/wireless_tools.29.pre10.tar.gz

which, from Jean's page, has the following:

The main features of the latest beta is WE-21 support (long/short
retry, power saving level, modulation), enhanced command line parser
in iwconfig, scanning options, more WPA support and more footprint
reduction tricks

Cheers,

--alessandro

"Well a man has two reasons for things that he does
 the first one is pride and the second one is love
 all understandings must come by this way"

    (Husker Du, 'She Floated Away')