Re: GPLv3 Position Statement

David,

 > this is especially relavent for companies that have formerly been willing to act
 > as mirrors for free software projects. now the act of mirroring debian means
 > that any patent they own could be comprimised by a random debian developer
 > adding a patch to any of 19000 packages that implements that patent

I'd be interested to hear what the debian legal people think of this,
but my reading of the GPLv2 is that mirror sites are already
effectively granting a patent license by distributing GPLv2 programs.

Maybe this has already been discussed to death somewhere else and some
solid legal conclusion has been come to? If so, can someone please
send me a link :)

Cheers, Tridge