Re: GPLv3 Position Statement

On Friday 29 September 2006 21:54, Randy Dunlap wrote:

> > > You don't have to, the weather does that.  The std joke question for
> > > anyone from a Northern CA market tv station who goes to Seattle to
> > > interview for a job at a larger market tv station is:  Was it raining?
> > > And the answer is always yes.  I never saw it fail. :)
> >
> > Ah, our weather is honestly not all that bad. In fact, judging from the
> > various sources out there, Seattle actually gets less rainfall overall
> > than Portland. (ex.
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle,_Washington#Climate) The worst part
> > is the 8-9 months of constantly-overcast and dreary weather in the fall,
> > winter, and spring; but, to balance that out, our summers are very, very
> > nice. And yes, we even get droughts every so often around here! :)
>
> Hey, you aren't supposed to tell people about the great summer
> weather out here...

True, we shouldn't announce this particular little secret to the whole wide
world, but I think it's alright to tell the people on this list about it. ;)
After all, the only thing that could happen is that more kernel hackers
decide to move here... and getting more smart neighbors like them, as a
result, is never a bad thing!

So does this mean that you live in the Pacific Northwest in general, or
Seattle in particular? If so, I never knew. And speaking of, who else haunts
this little corner of the world? David Miller is moving here, unless my mind
is playing tricks on me; anybody else?

> ---
> ~Randy

-- Vadim Lobanov