Re: [patch00/05]: Containers(V2)- Introduction

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Nick Piggin wrote:

> > Right thats what cpusets do and it has been working fine for years. Maybe
> > Paul can help you if you find anything missing in the existing means to
> > control resources.
>
> What I like about Rohit's patches is the page tracking stuff which
> seems quite simple but capable.
>
> I suspect cpusets don't quite provide enough features for non-exclusive
> use of memory (eg. page tracking for directed reclaim).

Look at the VM statistics please. We have detailed page statistics per
zone these days. If there is anything missing then this would best be put
into general functionality. When I looked at it, I saw page statistics
that were replicating things that we already track per zone. All these
would become available if a container is realized via a node and we would
be using proven VM code.