Re: Sysenter crash with Nested Task Bit set

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> The addition is fairly obvious, but maybe I screwed something up, so buyer
> beware...

Final note (I promise): now that we save/restore eflags again, we
should probably revert the set_iopl_mask() in task switching too. However,
that apparently has some para-virtualization issues, so I'm going to
ignore that part from now.

However, I'd really like people who know and care about the
paravirtualization to take a good long look at it: because right now, with
the addition of the eflags save/restore, the set_iopl_mask() in
__switch_to() is entirely useless for non-virtualized environments, afaik.

Zack added to the cc. Who else needs to know?

		Linus