Re: Crash on boot after abrupt shutdown

Hi Alan

Very unlikely but you don't provide enough information to even guess.

I've seen similar behaviours before and they usually indicate a bug in
the driver that crashed. Eg the setup code for a network card not being
able to cope if the network card is in a particular state but does
enough that next boot it works.

You need to work back from your wireless driver panic to the root cause
of that panic and then back from there.

Thank you very much for your diagnostic. The stack traces are not as
consistent as our driver crashes, so we have not posted them yet
before digging a bit deeper. We are now looking at the
startup/shutdown process of the driver, and there could be some
critical timing issues, but we will check and test.

Thanks again, will report back soon.

Regards
Keith