Re: UDP question.

2006/9/15, Jan Engelhardt <[email protected]>:

>> bind socket1.network adapter1...
>> bind socket2 network adapter2

> I am not really sure, but I think the bind to an adapter under linux only
> chooses the source ip, not really the adapter used to send the packets.

To explicitly send things through a specific interface, you need to use
some magic, like PF_RAW. ping for example is one program that will do
this (-I option).

> Did you check that the two destination ips have routes through different
> interfaces, and not go out through the same one?

One cannot have the same subnet on multiple interfaces, because ARP
queries will only be sent through the first one. You need br0 (or bond0
- depending on how you plan to plan your network) to make them one
interface.

Jan Engelhardt
--

My two adapters has two different IP address, and I bind one IP on one socket,
do you mean that I alloc two socket and bind different IP is not

xixi