Re: [linux-pm] community PM requirements/issues and PowerOP [Was: Re: So, what's the status on the recent patches here?]

Pavel Machek wrote:
Hi!

operating points it is possible to implement the "cpufreq frequency selection logic" in user space and having such functionality in the kernel just violates the main rule of having everything possible outside of the kernel.

You got the rules wrong. "Keep the code out of kernel" is important
rule, but probably not the main one.
funny. not to mention that it was not the only argument I presented but please tell us explicitly what's your reason to blow out kernel footprint by the code which can be handled outside the kernel. I'd prefer to see technical reasons a kind of latencies, etc but not the constant refrain "don't touch cpufreq interface". Especially considering that proposed improvements _do_ _not_ _change_ the interface.

And just FYI kernel footprint was stated as one of main current issues at least on the last OLS.

Paval, plz NOTE, that you don't have lkml in CC on this thread and I personally feel that you've brought a really terrible confusion to everyone with your lkml step. I'm wondering whether you are braking "no cross postings" rule as well.....

Cc-ing lkml is considered okay.

Anyway, please do _proper_ submission,
I already did _proper_ submissions several time on IMO the _proper_ list.
cc-ing lkml, explaining why it
is needed so that me and lkml actually know what is going on.
will do

Eugeny
Include
those "elevator pitches".