Re: MSI K9N Neo: crash under heavy IDE read

Thanks for everyone answered.

The problem is resolved - one DDR2 module is bad now.

One month ago it survived overnight memtest run,
but now it is definitely bad. memtest detects problems
in a few seconds.

On Thursday 14 September 2006 10:33, Thomas Richter wrote:
> Not really, but allow me to make another comment: MSI seems to have
> massive problems with the K9N based boards. A good percentage of them
> just "freaks out" from time to time and shuts the system down with no
> aparent reason.

I found info about such mobos and preliminary analysis said
to indicate that one of mobo capacitors had wrong specs.
MSI said to start replacing affected mobos.

My mobo serial number doesn't seem to fall into range of
affected ones, but entire affair doesn't sound encouraging at all.

Not to mention that BIOS is somewhat more buggy that I expected, too.
--
vda